Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 13, 2014   #23
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Hi Anne,

Actually, it's my brother-in-law. I may not have a chance to see him before this weekend when I plan to work this out. I have about 40 pepper, basil, and egg-plant seedlings that have all been sitting on the shady side of my yard waiting for me to get this shade-cloth up so I can plant them in my new bed. They're all starting to look sad and are certain to be root-bound, so I really need to take care of this job ASAP. I feel that planting them without shade will be a disaster too, since we have these insane temps and there's really no shade for this new bed.

I actually am now thinking the dewalt drill set might not be the right thing for me, since researching and finding posts/videos like this:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...68911936,d.b2U

They seem to suggest what I really want is a rotary hammer. That's something I have less of an interest in, but it might be a requirement for my purposes. I'm not sure. Here's one I'm looking at:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-1-1...28VC/202204604

I think I need a 1" hole, which will limit what bits I can use and also the bits are limited by the clutch size of the drill/hammer. I'm obviously wading through new waters. We'll see what happens.
Thanks for all the advice.
-naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote