Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 7, 2007   #1
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Default Roma Rio Grand

Happy New Year fellow CHOPTAGers!

The holiday season is finally behind us and this mild weather has me thinking about tomatos!!

Last year at the plant swap I received plant called Roma Rio Grand. I really enjoyed the rich complex taste and in my opinion it was the best tasting tomato in my beds. (Wife thinks the Green Zebra tastes better )

I think I received this plant during Gary's incredible display of high pressure, used car salesman, double dislocating arm twisting tactics!! :wink: :wink:

But I can't honestly be 100% sure about that. I may have gotten it from some one else.

I was wanting to know more about this tomato and wondered if anyone would have the info and mabey some seeds. I can't seem to find it in any of the sources that I have tried. I did save a few seeds but I didn't bag the blooms. Do you think this will be a problem?

I would really like to grow this tomato again this year and try making sauce from it. I think it would make a great sauce.

I am also going to try growing some sweet peppers this year. Also going to plant a FOREST of basil this year!! Deer won't eat the stuff. Never touched a leaf of it last year while they were devouring the Red Brandywine vine that was right in the middle of several plants!!

When is everyone going to start their seeds?