Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 4, 2013   #1
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Default AK 2013 greenhouse, smart pots

I have 49 varieties this year, grown in 10-20 gallon pots. All in all I am very happy, although some problems have materialized, cracks on some varieties BER on others, some are picture perfect. I have a few strains that are simply monster yielders, 1884, Caspian Pink, Brandyboy, Early Girl, Mrs Maxwell's, and many others are doing well too, but within normal parameters of my world.
The Caspian in the left pic is a giant plant growing on top of my water tank and spreads out over 8ft, 1884 is about 12ft tall, both may yield over 25lbs of fruit maybe much more. The first 8 tomatoes off of Caspian added up over 10 lbs and it has about 30 more already set. Another Caspian plant yielded me an 2.975lbs tomato last month, not bad for a northern climate. 1884 is also out of control, huge fruit, and they are loading up on the entire plant which is to the top of the greenhouse, so I have been training it to go horizontially up high.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0220.jpg (504.2 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0099.jpg (315.7 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by AKmark; July 4, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote