Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23, 2013   #1
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Default My construction for growing tomatoes

I want show you, how I grow tomatoes. I grow tomatoes on the construction, which has upside cages from concrete mesh (15x15 cm about 6x6 inches). I have three cages each 3x2 m ( in all 18 m2-194 square feet )- picture 1. I grow about seventy tomatoes on this construction- all I prune on the one sucker. For tomatoes I used strings before, I use spirals now. It is better. I worked in Telecom and these spirals were used for wiring thin telephone cables from one building to another (protection against intensive wind, etc.). I do spirals myself. I wind up zincing wire (d=2 mm) on the pipe (d=35 mm). I extend screws to the spiral then-picture 2.Hitch of spiral picture 3. Growing plan of my tomatoes for 2013 year-pic 4. Storage of spirals in winter- pic 5.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg construction for 70 tomatoes.jpg (834.3 KB, 1078 views)
File Type: jpg spiral.jpg (247.8 KB, 980 views)
File Type: jpg hitch of spiral.jpg (182.4 KB, 974 views)
File Type: jpg Plan 2013.JPG (178.2 KB, 946 views)
File Type: jpg 135 spirals.jpg (964.7 KB, 969 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote