Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10, 2013   #1
OtterJon
Tomatovillian™

Default Does anyone else grow tomatoes as perennials?

Hi all...I was just wondering if anyone else grows tomatoes as perennials? I have for about 4 years now, and grow inside in the winter...put em out in the spring...pull em in the fall...then cut them back and repeat the cycle...I do trim the roots and repot in new soil in the springtime (to avoid salt buildup from ferts), and so far haven't any problem with it...I know growing new plants would be cheaper then overwintering them...and I do that too..but have a few..I just like having around year round to get me through the winter blahs, then take trimmings and clone in the spring as well for the garden..am I weird?...also they seem to be easier to take care of...as time progresses..almost like the perennial aspect was bred out of them...but older plants..do seem to take to my cycle better every year..

Jon

Last edited by OtterJon; April 10, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
OtterJon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indoors , perennials , tomato