Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20, 2013   #11
elight
Tomatovillian™

Yes, the faucet looks like this:

There is no aerator.

Stvrob's description is what I was thinking, and since it doesn't involve soldering or cutting anything (which I would do in my own house, but not in an apartment), I'm very tempted to give it a try. The point about making sure the end of the hose is not submerged in water to avoid backflow is a good one.

If that doesn't seem like it will work, I think the submersible pump is probably the next best bet. The drill pump is interesting, but the reviews of them are almost entirely negative, and most say that it requires the line being primed--a colossal pain.

Thank you everyone for your input! If anyone else has any ideas, by all means let me know. I'll report back in a couple months with the results!
elight is offline   Reply With Quote