Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20, 2013   #1
elight
Tomatovillian™

Default Some basic plumbing help

Last year, I went to great lengths to ease the burden of having to manually fill my EarthTainers, hauling water in 5-gallon buckets from my bathtub as I did not have an outdoor water source. (A large reservoir connected to the boxes via drip tubing turned this from a daily procedure to a bi-weekly one.) I have since moved, and this year, it appears that I will be in an even worse situation, with no outdoor water source and a bathtub even farther from the patio.

I am wondering if there is a solution involving my kitchen sink. If there is a way to easily make a T-connection underneath the sink and run a hose of some sort behind the couch in my living room and out the patio door. Since I have no way of keeping the hose outdoors permanently without leaving the patio door open, I'd still have to manually fill a reservoir, but certainly this would be easier than carrying the water.

So... can any plumbers/handymen tell me if there is a simple way to do this? Rather than start researching the options, I figured I might as well just ask to see if anyone knows first-hand. Thanks!
elight is offline   Reply With Quote