Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 21, 2013   #1
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

Default Am I being unreasonable?

Last Spring (almost a year ago), I ordered some Paul Robeson seeds (among other things) from a vendor called "Cherrygal" (cherrygal.com). I finally got around to emailing her and letting her know that one of the tomatoes I ordered did not grow true to type. It was Paul Robeson, and what I got was small black plums. She offers "Black Plum" and I sent her some photos of what I got and asked her if she thought that I might have gotten those instead. I was respectful and polite and asked her if I could get me some Paul Robeson for my 2013 garden.

Her response was this:
"Those are not black plums. Not sure what they are. Our Paul Robeson seeds come from a reliable source and I’ve had no other complaints. Coming so long after the fact, I don’t know how to respond. If you want to try again, we are still offering the Paul Robeson."

I feel like she is calling me a liar, and it seems like she seems to be under the impression that I would buy them from her again. What do you guys think? Am I being unreasonable? I really don't want to be, I just want the tomato that I bought. I got so busy that I never emailed her until now. I certainly won't be doing business with her again, that's for sure. I looked over at Gardenweb and she has 17 negatives and 17 positives...

Robin
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote