Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 30, 2012   #1
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Default My Peppers for 2012

Yes, I am crazy - but these are the peppers I am now growing for this season:

Sweet peppers - 18 different selections for the Islander dehybridization project (amongst the 5 varieties I named - Amethyst, Royal Purple, Candy Corn, Fire Opal and White gold), Chocolate Bell (another of my dehybridization efforts), Marconi, Italia, Corona, World Beater, Corno di Toro, Purple Beauty, Garden Sunshine, Aconcaugua, Orange Sun, Super Shepherd

Hot peppers - NuMex Eclipse, Sunrise and Sunset (part of a mix of 3 anaheim varieties in a pack - I grew three plants last year and got 1 each of the colors - green to orange, to yellow and to brown - I am growing each out to see how I did!), Fish, Padron, NuMex Vacquero, NuMex Pinata, Trinidad Perfume, Habanero Dulce, Datil, Frank's, Trinidad Seasoning, Tobago Seasoning, Purira, Amazon Chile, Gemstone, Golden Bullet, Scotch Bonnet, Jamaican Hot Chocolate, Bhut Jokola, Ghost, Rossi Hot, Bella, Peter, Chris Dukes Hot (from a customer, family heirloom), the 12 from the Bird/Chiltepin/Pequin mini project, Cowhorn, Corno di Holy Crap, Fatalii, Zavary, Chocolate Habanero, Lollipops, Festival, Buchenberger Orange, Medusa, some unexpected stem colors/obvious crosses, and over 150 from my experime,tal ornamental colorful hot peppers in small pots.

Just wanted to edit to add my thanks to Darrel and Ted and Tom and Linda and Doug and Michael and all of those who contributed the various Bird types for enhancing my collection this year! It's all your collective fault!

Seed saving will be something (and painful if I don't wear gloves!)