Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 27, 2012   #1
babice
Tomatovillian™

Default Do you ever worry about using stuff like bat guano, etc?

I totally believe in growing organically. I love the idea and am trying to embrace it. I not only would rather do it for the environment but, particularly for anything I'm eating, I want it to have no synthetic chemicals if possible. And, of course, there's always concern about breathing in anything synthetic you're using or getting it on your hands etc.

So - as I've been making my first foray into using Buddha Grow I've started wondering. Should I worry in any way if, say, the liquid form gets on my hands? Or if, say, I have used it as a soil drench in an enclosed room and then has dried on the soil - is there any concern at all with breathing anything in from it?

I just have never really had any reservations at all (except for the smell if I've ever used something like worm poop) - but - is that just naive of me? Do you wear gloves? Or do you wear a mask?
babice is offline   Reply With Quote