Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 9, 2012   #17
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_willus_d View Post
Brokenbar, your dried tomato in olive recipe looks great. I was given a small oak barrel for making vinegar a while back. I've been looking for an excuse to brew up a batch, and now I have one, or will next season, owing nothing dastardly happens to your drying varieties in my garden, my hands.
-naysen
Did you know that there is now this HUGE market for "aged" vinegars? Big auction in New York last year where a 50 year old bottle of red wine vinegar fetched 25 thousand (for vinegar...go figure!)
Last time I was in Spain I was in a shop in Barcelona that was selling aged vinegars and the cheapest bottle they had was $75.00 €.

I have tons of sun-dried tomato recipes. Give everyone in our family and circle of friends a jar of dried toms in the olive oil at xmas and include a little recipe book with 5 new recipes each year.

Sun-dried tomatoes provide the most lycopene gram-per-gram, than any other food.