Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 6, 2011   #1
AGangi
Tomatovillian™

Default Amishland corrections plus advice for finding heirloom

I am new- just found this forum. I found it when I was googling for more info on seeds I bought, some from amishland, and google results gave me some threads here about that source. If I list the seeds I got from her, can folks here tell me if they are correctly named or what they should be called if they aren't?

I have plenty of space so I'll probably grow them all out to see which I just happen to like. But I was specifically looking for heirlooms from eastern Europe... my grandmother grew up on a farm in Belarus and i was hoping to surprise her with flavours that would remind her of those days. I see now, from info on this forum, that the Orange-1 is probably something she never tasted! :-( Well I am sure I will enjoy it, but it wasn't what I had hoped for. Any recommendations on what tomatoes she would probably remember and where to get them (not just tomatoes, other fruits and veggies too. I can post my whole seed list if wanted, but it is very long)?

Thanks much! Here are the seeds from Amishland I want to check the names on:

Amish Paste
Chervena Chushka
Efemer Red Ukrainian Tomato
Emerald Apple
Giant Lemon Ukrainian
Golden Queen
Kibits
Belarus Orange (Shoudl be Orange-1?)
Purple Italian Marconi Bean
Rotonda Bianca Sfumata DiRosa Eggplant
Sugary Pudovichok (is this Sakharnyi Pudovichok?)
Sandul Moldovan
Schimmeig Striped Hollow Tomato
AGangi is offline   Reply With Quote