Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 16, 2010   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj in ny View Post
I received a response from Nancy at Sunset Produce in Canada- their Champagne cherry is RED and she said that their Gourmet Medly is a mix of grape and cherry tomatoes that changes throughout the season depending on availabilty. So what they are offering isn't the same as the Champagne Cherry we've been discussing. So the beat goes on...
Yes, the beat does go on.

Terry got her CC seeds from both France and Solana Seeds in Canada. Terra Edibles and Solana both were offering a light colored CC and both are in Canada. Ventmarin in France called it a "cerise" ( cherry) and showed a light colored CC.

I have a problem with this variety originating in France and being called Champagne Cherry instead of Champagne Cerise, or the reverse.

So yes, we have an answer from Sunset, and thanks for that, but for me it doesn't solve the problem of all places who offer seeds for CC showing a light colored cherry whereas Sunset is the only one calling it red.

Hopefully some comparison growouts will help solve this problem, if there is indeed a problem here, and I tend to think there is.