Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 11, 2010   #17
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueaussi View Post
Striped Cavern?

I made the mistake of growing that last year. My mother used them for a bridge club luncheon, and they were a hit. Now I'm stuck growing them, and they don't have the best flavor, in my opinion. I am trying some of the bi-colors to try and find something with more flavor to distract Mom.
But they look so darned pretty stuffed with a pasta or crab salad! I have a great sun-dried tomato pasta recipe and I made that and stuffed the Striped Cavern with it and put mozzarella on top and ran it under the broiler for the ladies at our bank. OMG...I was deluged for the recipe and they bought nearly every striped cavern he grew. He says that none of the "stuffing" tomatoes have that great of flavor? (compared to non-stuffing types...) He is probably on the prowl for a "black stuffer" as we speak!