Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating eggplants/aubergines.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 6, 2009   #1
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Default Finally interested in growing eggplant

Honestly never thought I would want to try growing or at least eating eggplant, but after reading the threads here and also knowing my mother and sister love it, I thought I'd try it to see if it suits my tastebuds.

Thanks to the posts in this category I know Rosa Bianca and Diamond are very good tasting varieties. Today I called SSE and bought seeds of each. I may have to move for employment reasons before next summer's over, but I have a feeling if I start these my mother will take care of them. As I said she loves eggplant. She allowed me to use her yard last year to have a garden, as I live in an apartment as some here know.

I'm wondering if these are productive, or if I should try acquiring seeds for something like Italian White which I read in another thread is very productive. I'll probably try doing that anyways, but still would like to know if Rosa Bianca and Diamond have proven to be productive for other's who post here. I'll need to decide how many plants to grow based on whether they are normally productive. I've learned to take what seed catalogs say with a grain of salt.

Looking forward to trying eggplant this year. Maybe it wont taste offensive as I've always imagined it would.

Jeff
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote