Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SETTFest™ event information and discussion forum. South East Texas Tomato Fest

Old February 27, 2008   #1
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Default Houston Seedlings

If you are looking for some tomato seedlings in Houston and the choices at Wabash Antiques, Buchanan's Native Plants, Cornelius Nurseries, and Houston Plants & Garden World aren't enough, you might want to drop in on the UrbanHarvest Farmer's Market on March 1st at 8am.

I have ~24 each of:
  • Sungold
  • Black Cherry
  • JD's Special C-Tex
  • Gregori's Altai
and will have very limited quantities of:
  • Ashleigh
  • Brandywine
  • Brandy Boy
  • Cuostralee
  • Druzba
  • Hege German Pink
  • Indian Stripe
  • Monomakh's Hat
  • Paul Robeson
  • Stump of the World
  • Summer Cider

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old March 1, 2008   #2
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Morgan, please post about what you sold the most of (and why) and how your day went.

You and I talked about it earlier today, but I thought others might find it interesting too.
Old March 1, 2008   #3
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Yes please.
Worth
Old March 3, 2008   #4
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

My comments are spread out in a couple of other threads, so kind of hard to keep track of. Here are the relevant bits. Alas, I didn't get a chance to have someone take a picture of me selling plants, but I got lots of pictures of the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30
I ended up selling 75 plants at $2.50 -- even though there was a gentleman in another stall selling hybrids for $2 at the end of the row -- so I'm pretty happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30
I sold out of Black Cherry and Sungold and came close to selling out of Gregori's Altai (once I told people what it was). If I wanted to get serious about this, I'd probably also grow Isis Candy and Sweet 100 seedlings just so people can get the whole gamut of cherries.

I could have sold more Arkansas Traveler and Cherokee Purple seedlings if I'd brought more. People know about those. I upsold a couple of people on JD's once I told them I have tasted CP and JD's side-by-side and liked JD's a lot.

It's funny how every tomato plant sale usually involves an entire conversation. I think I talked one guy out of using 30-30-30 fertilizer on his tomato plants this year.

"Did you get a huge bushy plant with no tomatoes?"
"Wow, how did you know??"

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]