Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old March 26, 2010   #1
DeanRIowa
Tomatovillian™

Default Kenosha Potato Project

Here is a project I stumbled upon a couple of months ago.

The basic ideas behind the Project, copied from their website:

Quote:
  • The Kenosha Potato Project is an attempt to double the efforts of Seed Saver Exchange and duplicate the collection of potato varieties here in South Eastern Wisconsin (a living tuber germplasm collection).
  • Determine which varieties work best in local home gardens, with special attention to rare varieties.
  • New Focus for 2010 - varieties which yield larger crops in micro plots - see our new challange "99 pounds of potato in a 3 x 3 potato box"
  • Create a catalog of all potato varieties grown locally (except for commercial) including the features of each variety and their best use in the kitchen (recipes).

I like the idea behind the project. Does anyone have any experience with this project?

Deam
DeanRIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2010   #2
svalli
Tomatovillian™

I found about that project last year and have changed some e-mails with Curzio about the Scandinavian varieties on his collection.

I wish I had known about this when I still lived in SE WI.