Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old August 19, 2011   #1
mysidx
Tomatovillian™

Default Containers on clearance

I just bought some green plastic 18"- 45,72cm pots from Target today. I'm assuming they are 10 to 15gal. pots, anyway they were normally 14 dollars and I got them for 6 in the clearance section. Hopefully that was a good price and just wanted to pass it along.

Rob
mysidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2011   #2
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the information, because i am thinking about growing in large pots, to prepare my gardening for old age farming. All of my children are grown-up and I am thinking about ways to make farming a little easier on me as I age. I think it will take me years to raise all beds and large amounts of 200 pots to cover all the land area I farm every year. So a good sale cannot hurt. And "Yes" it at a very good price.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2011   #3
Keiththibodeaux
Tomatovillian™

If you notice any seed starting supplies on sale in BR like 4 inch pots or the plastic trays to hold them, please let me know. I am in BR every week or two on business.

Also, I would be happy to bring you a bag of the 3B Fafard Mix if you would like. They sell it my local nursery in New Iberia. It is 19.95 for a 2.8cu bag, plus tax. I could meet you in the Perkins Road area for a handoff.

Keith
Keiththibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2011   #4
mysidx
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiththibodeaux View Post
If you notice any seed starting supplies on sale in BR like 4 inch pots or the plastic trays to hold them, please let me know. I am in BR every week or two on business.

Also, I would be happy to bring you a bag of the 3B Fafard Mix if you would like. They sell it my local nursery in New Iberia. It is 19.95 for a 2.8cu bag, plus tax. I could meet you in the Perkins Road area for a hand off.

Keith

I will keep an eye out for you, unfortuantely most places I've talked to are scaled down on supplies until Feburary. You can find forty pound bags of chicken/cow manure for five dollars. I am considering on getting 2.8 metro mix 360 from Cleggs for around 22.00, but I will keep that offer in mind. I have never used Farfard before. Is it finer than Pro Mix BX?

Thanks
mysidx is offline   Reply With Quote