Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old February 2, 2013   #1
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Default Jung Seed Company

Just a quick comment about Jung Seed Company. I purchased four packets of seeds, and received a couple free packets (Zinnia and a cucumber variety). A couple of packets I bought were corn, so they mailed my order in a nice little box to ensure the seeds didn't get crushed while in route.

Shipping was $5.95 but I didn't think that was out of line, and similar to what others are charging. Some companies are a little less and some a little more.

I know someone from that company posts here, and only thought it was fair to give some good feedback since it was warranted.
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2013   #2
greyghost
Tomatovillian™

I've purchased from Jung the last couple of years and have had very good success with their seeds. I have a passion for flower seeds and they have a great selection-I think the reason I tried Jung in the first place was because some of the seed companies have narrowed their individual color selections
(petunias, for instance). They seem to have more of the newer selections
as well. Same with vegetables, too; County Fair cucumbers and several
of the mini-cukes. My seeds also came in a small box. Darlene
greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2013   #3
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

jung has been ok for the most part with me. service has been good. my only problem has been the currant bushes they shipped me last year. two were doa. the replacements they sent, one made it, the other didn't. their champagne currants must not have stored well. they do stand behind their guarantee. brambles from jung have been ok too.

keith
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2013   #4
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Like Greyghost, I buy flower seeds from Jung, and also dahlia and daylily tubers. Also some of their vegetable seeds of varieties that I like are sometimes cheaper than elsewhere. Have not had a chance yet to see the current catalog. Have had no problems with their service in past years.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2013   #5
FarmerShawn
Tomatovillian™

I've used Jung off and on for several years. Sometimes they have something different that other places don't have, and sometimes they just have a better price. I've always been more than satisfied.
I also have been using their garden planner for a couple of years. I especially like the feature that warns you when you plan to plant a crop from a particular family (like brassicas or tomato relatives). Grab a broccoli icon and the plan flashes in the places where you have planted anything related to them in the past, so you can easily practice crop rotation and avoid building up diseases and pest problems. And it's fun to play with during this slow time of year.
Old February 2, 2013   #6
dpurdy
Tomatovillian™

OmahaJB,
I just received some seed packets from Jung seeds today and I also received two free packets of seeds. I got the same as you did, the Zinnias and cucumbers. That was a nice surprise. It's always nice to get FREE stuff.
DP
dpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote