Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 14, 2017   #1
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Default Lucinda Leaf Type

Has anyone who has grown Lucinda any recollection of the leaf form?
I'm growing it for the first time from seeds received in MMMM swap (thanks!!), and the seedling that I have seems to have very lace-y leaves. A bit like Carrot-like that I grew a few years back (and don't intend to re-grow any time soon).

Tatiana's tomatobase doesn't show any detailed pictures of the leaves, but what I was able to see, was sort of promising.. so I remain hopeful in the belief that my seedling is indeed Lucinda, and not Carrot-like (or one its 'pals' as Silvery-Fir Tree or Morkovnyi) ..
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2017   #2
oakley
Tomatovillian™

I'm growing it as well for the first time. So thanks for the heads up! This should be it...
Yes carrot like.

(i had not looked it up yet being busy just getting seeds started and potting up, etc)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 8.00.27 AM.png (338.3 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by oakley; April 14, 2017 at 08:06 AM.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2017   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarnianGarden View Post
Has anyone who has grown Lucinda any recollection of the leaf form?
I'm growing it for the first time from seeds received in MMMM swap (thanks!!), and the seedling that I have seems to have very lace-y leaves. A bit like Carrot-like that I grew a few years back (and don't intend to re-grow any time soon).

Tatiana's tomatobase doesn't show any detailed pictures of the leaves, but what I was able to see, was sort of promising.. so I remain hopeful in the belief that my seedling is indeed Lucinda, and not Carrot-like (or one its 'pals' as Silvery-Fir Tree or Morkovnyi) ..
Yes, I've grown it, bred by Fred Hempel, and the leaves look like they do since one parent was Silvery Fir Tree.

He sent me lots of seeds along with Maglia Rose, and a third I can't remember and I offered all of the in a seed offer here..

Then he asked me if I had any seeds left, see this link, scroll down to my comments about Lucinda.

ALERT, the link I put up, which I just deleted,is not the right one, but I think what you need to know is in this post.

The taste of the fruits was too agressive for me.

So I sent him all the seeds I had left, since as the link above said, he had misplaced his.

Fact is, I don't like those hard red balls called fruits that one finds on Silvery Fir Tree itself.

Hope that helps,

Carolyn,who lost her original post here when she searched for links about Lucinda, which are easily found by doing a search.

Last edited by carolyn137; April 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM. Reason: add bold
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2017   #4
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Ohh. I had forgotten about Silvery Fir Tree being one of the parents.
No wonder then. I am sure my seeds are true. Really happy now about this opportunity.
Many thanks
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote