Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old May 15, 2012   #1
Duets
Tomatovillian™

Default What bug is eating my peppers?? Help

Forgive me as I do not have a pic to show.... but this is the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Intro: yesterday I sprayed leaves of veggies with water, dishwash soap, veg oil & pepper. .... Just for good measure. Then today, I found this, new since the morning.

Many leaves on green pepper looked perfectly...perfectly scalloped inward in large semi-circular shapes on the edges of leaves!!!!

It looks like this )I(, perfectly rounded semi-circles on edge of leaves affected.

I also have marigold in with this plant. So far only 1 out of like 6 or 7 plants affected. What in the world could this be??? Any ideas out there or expertise in this dept??? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Duets; May 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Duets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012   #2
salix
Tomatovillian™

Possibly leaf-cutter bees? I love those guys!
salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012   #3
Duets
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by salix View Post
Possibly leaf-cutter bees? I love those guys!
I think you're on to something here!!! Are they good or bad? I know nothing about them.

I have noticed there are these like....yellow jackets always on the huge tree by the garden, the tree is of unknown species to me, so I'm not much help, lol. But it has little green long thing hanging off the leaves & these bees, wasps or whatever they are ...seem to constantly be out in that tree buzzing around.

It that is what it is, is there anything I should do?

I just googled & found this link....yes it sure does look like the bee in the tree outside. http://www.buzzaboutbees.net/leafcutter-bee.html

Last edited by Duets; May 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM.
Duets is offline   Reply With Quote