Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 11, 2010   #1
BR
Tomatovillian™

Default Bulgarian Varieties

Do the Bulgarian varieties do well in hot and humid areas? I think I'm in zone 6b or maybe 7 since the zones were changed.
BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2010   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post
Do the Bulgarian varieties do well in hot and humid areas? I think I'm in zone 6b or maybe 7 since the zones were changed.
They should do just fine in Oklahoma.

Bulgarian varieties are some of my most favoite varieties such as:

Druzba
Milka's Red Bulgarian
Kroska Pink Bulgarian
Bulgarian Truimph
Bulgarian #7

.........and a few more I can't remember right now. There are some in the SSE Yearbook that aren't available commercially.

And I highly suggest that you go to Tania's Data base and as you scroll down on the first page you'll find an area where you can't select the name of a country and see which ones she has data on at her website.

She may also sell seeds for some of them but the above varieties are also sold at other places and on her data base for each variety she indicates which places do sell the seeds for the variety.

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/T...itage_Tomatoes

Actually as I was pulling up the above site I noticed that on that first page you scroll down to where it says most popular varieties and then click on the thrid one below that heading where it says search by origin.

But maybe you already have the seeds for the Bulgarian varieties you want to grow.