Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 15, 2016   #1
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Default Home Depot - Viagrow, Grow Bags are they any good?

Hello I have a really shady 20x40 1st garden this year. I'm thinking it might get about 6 hours of full sun. Mostly morning and early afternoon. By 4pm the sun goes behind more trees. I can remove more of the trees but my girl is really starting to get mad at me.

Let me tell you I am really tired at this point between dropping about 11 tress so far and i have at least another 15 more in the way for maybe 2 more hours of sun. Its the only flat spot of ground we have except a narrow strip down back.

Anyway im thinking about calling that spot a bust for the year. Maybe I can find some things to plant in it that don't require so much sun. (IDK) So in the meantime I have been looking for a way to save my garden this year. I was thinking about grow bags to save on my budget some as i have already spent quite a bit on other stuff.

So i was wondering what kind of results could I expect out of the home depot grow bags.
---
Viagrow - 5 Gal. Nursery Grow Bags (25-Pack) $12.97
Viagrow - 10 Gal. Plastic Grow Bag (25-Pack) $17.97

Now I have three sources of potting mix available to me.
---
Miracle-Gro Potting Mix 50 Qt. $12.97
Pro Mix Bx 3.8 Cu. Ft. $36.99
Wonder Soil 2.5 Cu. Ft. $18.99

So i am just trying to find an affordable solution to save my 2016 season. Let me post some pictures of my 20x40 and some spots out back. I have a lot more questions. I have all kinds of projects going on as related to my wanna be 2016 garden. Maybe I can keep them contained in this post.

Thanks in advance for any of your time
Billy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4785.jpg (469.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4790.jpg (460.4 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4791.jpg (480.6 KB, 148 views)
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote