Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 13, 2017   #1
giblet
Tomatovillian™

Default What happened to my tomato?

This *was* my healthiest plant, planted mid-October translated the first week of November. The tomatoes are big and were just about to start ripening.

For the last week or so the plant has been drooping every day, starting early in the day and not perking up again until around dusk. The first day it did this I put a shadecloth over the plant, but it was still droopy during the day. Then, yesterday, it drooped even more during the day and didn't come back once it got dark and is now in the sorry state you see here.

The variety is Tycoon, which is supposed to be resistant to almost everything and be able to handle hot temperatures.

Is this wilt? Too much heat? Temperatures here have been around 90 with 60% humidity.

And what should I do with it? Should I take the tomatoes off and hope they ripen up indoors? They haven't started changing color yet, unfortunately.
giblet is offline   Reply With Quote