Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 16, 2013   #1
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Default Congratulations to Mischka and Tomatoville

........ for reaching 12,000 registered members and the congrats also go to all the wonderful persons who read/post here on almost a daily basis to help others.

I know that I can only speak to registered members in terms of numbers, but when I look at who is online and compare those numbers with unregistered members online there appear to be MANY thousands who stop by just to read the Forums that unregistered members can read.

Well I remember when Mischka started Tville in January of 2006 and in my opinion it's grown and grown tremendously and attracted some really great folks.

I read and sometimes post at several sites and have also been a Moderator at several sites in the past and again, IMO, Tomatoville is one of THE best sites around.

Many have come here not just for information and to give help as well but many are here b'c no partisan politics or religious topics are allowed. And I'm all for that b'c the easiest way to lose friends, to incite dissention, etc., is to allow such topics.

Nothing more to say except to thank Mischka for starting Tomatoville, spending untold hours maintaining it and running the site with NO ads, which means he also foots all the bills associated with running a message site.

Carolyn
Old May 16, 2013   #2
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

What an accomplishment! Congrats, Mischka! You have helped to make available such wonderful people and information. We appreciate everything!

Thank you, Carolyn, for sharing this info with us. It's always nice to hear the great things in life rather than hear what 'we' do wrong.

Kudos to everyone, especially Mischka.
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #3
FarmerShawn
Tomatovillian™

I can only add my thanks and respect to Mischka and fellow T'villers. This site and its helpful members have completely altered the way I grow things and the focus of my growing over the last two years. What an eye-opener! I try to share what little expertise I have, but I know my meager posts will never equal what I have gained from this place and you folks. And I, too, appreciate the enforced focus without unsightly and uncomfortable distractions.
Thanks!
Shawn
Old May 16, 2013   #4
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

Cheers! I used to visit several sites to feed my tomato need/hobby. Now, I go to one. Though I've learned tons about this hobby and mostly on tville, I'm frequently humbled by the knowledge and expert advice people freely offer on tville. Just recently I received a detailed, thoughtful, helpful expert opinion and was blown away that someone from another country would freely share his knowledge and time to help! This site brings out the best in people. Outstanding job Mischka! And congrats to Carolyn and all the other moderators he keep things friendly and on point.

Dewayne Mater
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #5
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

I have joined then abandoned quite a few forums over the years, and there are very few left that I regularly read and post at. This is one of the few remaining. The attitudes are helpful and respectful, and there isn't a lot of nonsense that you need to weed through to get to the information you're looking for. That, I know, is all thanks to Mischka and the other moderators who keep a careful eye on things, and make this place just as welcoming to new comers as to long time members. Thank you all!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #6
JamesL
Tomatovillian™

Proud to say that this is the only online site of any type of which I am a member!
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #7
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Congrats Mischka, I have enjoyed being here and appreciate your efforts. Thanks!

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #8
tam91
Tomatovillian™

I agree - this is a wonderful site!
Old May 16, 2013   #9
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations and the way you make and keep it is a tribute to your dedication and hard work plus an understanding wife. As I tell people from different forums I frequent, TomatoVille is and always will be the place I call home.

Ami
Old May 16, 2013   #10
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

I do not understand to all, I don´t know to write English, but I am feeling as at home between friends here (more than on Czech forum).
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #11
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Customers at my farmer's market think I am a tomato expert. All I do is repeat to them what I've read here.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #12
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

12,000 WOO HOO!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #13
tlintx
Tomatovillian™

My MIL praised my tomato plants the other day, and is thrilled with her own . For the first time since moving here 30 years ago, she is picking home grown tomatoes.

Thank you all so very much for helping us!

Tl
tlintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #14
clara
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations, Mischka,

and a big, big "thank you" for creating this forum (and all moderators for maintaining it, of course!). I've learned such a lot of things on Tville, met so many nice tomato friends, done such a lot of trades with them - without Tomatoville my garden would look very poor, perhaps I even wouldn't grow tomatoes any longer, being limited on those varieties that are available in Germany, at least officially.

Vielen, vielen Dank, Mischka!

clara
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013   #15
dpurdy
Tomatovillian™

I can only echo the statements made by Carolyn about this site. It's so nice to come to a forum on a website that doesn't entertain discussions between members about topics that don't pertain to growing vegetables and gardening techniques. Thanks to Mischka and all the moderators for staying the course and maintaining focus on gardening. I enjoy coming to this site as often as possible to read and learn about my passion. This site also has the most respectful and friendly members of any site that I've ever visited. Thanks for the countless hours that you all have dedicated to keep this site at the top of my list.
dpurdy
dpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote