Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating fruit-bearing plants, trees, flowers and ornamental plants.

Old May 24, 2007   #1
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Default Some Garden Photos

Hi everyone,
Here's my tree peony that has just started blooming. It doesn't bloom long, but when it is, it is magnificent.

Here's an allium with lupine buds in the background.

This is Virginia bluebells with some purple phlox.

This is a mourning widow geranium 'Samobor' with forget-me-nots. It was taken mid-day, so it a bit washed out, but I hope you can see how pretty the foliage is.

Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007   #2
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™

I think peonies are the most photogenic of flowers. Yours are beautiful. All your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for posting them.
Sherry_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007   #3
remy

Hi Sherry,
Thanks! I think your right about the peonies being photogenic. I took 5 different shots, and they all looked good.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Old May 4, 2011   #4
husker nana
Tomatovillian™

Remy..I just purchased a white tree peony and will be planting it this week. If it does well then I would like to get several more. Any suggestions other then humus? Do you need to protect it in the winter? Do they hold up any better after a rain then regular peonies?
husker nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011   #5
remy

Hi Husker Nana,
I don't do anything for mine. I've read that they should be protected from the winter wind, but I've got mine where it is taking a direct hit open from the west and it is ok. You are a touch colder than here though so it might be good advice for you.
Not that the blooms would look great after torrential down pours, they do hold up better than a double flowered herbaceous peony and they don't bend all the down to the ground like they do.
They do like any other shrub take a few years before they really settle in and have lots of blooms.
Remy

Old May 4, 2011   #6
husker nana
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Remy. We will be planting it today. By the way, yours is beautiful! Looks like I'll have to pick up a pink one next time we go to Madison. Hope they have some left! When we checked out, the girl told us that people were taking the plant out of the box in the refrig. unit and stealing the plant. Wonder how someone can enjoy looking at their beautiful plant and not be haunted with the guilt of their dirty deed.

Okay, out to weed and plant!
husker nana is offline   Reply With Quote