Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 30, 2012   #1
TightenUp
Tomatovillian™

Default disease id help needed

most of my plants in raised bed are showing signs of disease. more of the spots are showing on lower leaves however the stems and some new growth are also showing signs of disease.

i started the season off with a mycogrow and actinovate soil drench and have been spraying with exel lg and actinovate with molasses weekly.

what disease are my plants suffering from and can you offer any advice on remedying the situation?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disease1.jpg (518.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg disease2.jpg (356.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg disease3.jpg (421.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg disease4.jpg (385.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg disease5.jpg (526.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg disease6.jpg (493.7 KB, 33 views)
TightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012   #2
Mlm1
Tomatovillian™

If that were in my garden I would be considering bacterial speck.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r783101611.html

I think it can be very difficult to diagnose tomato diseases from pictures since there is a certain amount of overlap in disease appearances and there is variation in presentation. Reasons I would consider bacterial speck are: marginal necrosis on the leaves, involvement of the stem, involvement of lower greater than higher tissue and you have been treating for fungal diseases so bacterial disease may be more likely. Do you have any green fruit with spots? Has it been cool and damp there? Do you get bacterial speck in Jersey? (maybe it is worldwide-I don't know about that).
I would be very careful with water splash while I was figuring it out and hope for warm dry weather. I hope this helpful and things turn around quickly for you. It really is heartbreaking to see diseases in our gardens. Good luck.
Marla
Mlm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012   #3
TightenUp
Tomatovillian™

it could very well be bacterial speck. this was my first thought as well. it has been in the 60s to 70's and rainy until the last few days when it shot up to the high 80's. right now its back to the 70s with more rain.

when its not raining its been hazy and foggy. i'm within throwing distance to the beach and about 100 yards to the ocean. this is a new house with a new raised bed. so these wet conditions are new to me.
TightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012   #4
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

Yeah join the club, the moisture is a beast of its own. Foggy and a morning haze until 11 is normal. I have been spraying this year as well but its a constant battle.
Crandrew is offline   Reply With Quote