Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 31, 2012   #1
gpc2012
Tomatovillian™

Default Confused about one plant

I have a small tomato patch only three plants. One is a Burpee "Parks Whopper" that is growing well and putting on new fruit almost daily. The second is a Burpee "steak sandwich" I planted it three weeks after the other two and it is doing very well. It is just starting to put fruit on. The third is my problem child. It is a Burpee "heirloom beefsteak" This plant is my largest, it started blooming first and grows the fastest. I water regularly, feed every two to three weeks both foliage feed and root, yet this plant doesn't seem to put on fruit. It blooms like crazy but they all drop off. This plant is only a few feet away from the other two and is in the exact same soil, the same amend, and compost mixture when I transplanted as the other two. Same sun, the only diff. is that it doesn't bear fruit? Help me please. Oh yeah I use miracle grow tomato food for feeding.
gpc2012 is offline   Reply With Quote