View Single Post
Old November 4, 2012   #9
CapnChkn
Tomatovillian™

I always wonder how much I would charge for a ton. I sell it at .50/liter. That is around, depending on the moisture, 1lb, 1oz, and some change. Everyone tells me I should charge more, but I think that's the right price.

Cole_Robbie, the glass is simply perched on some scrap 1x4's. I'm still in the R&D stage with these models, and should this do a good or better job than the tunnel I built last year (You can see the skeleton in the background in the second photo below), I would prefer to make a bale structure and develop a passive heating system.

I'm not worried about wind pulling the glass off, because it's covered with 4 mil plastic film. The glass is there to keep rain from puddling in the plastic and ruining my work. I've learned that lesson the hard way, having a greenhouse I kludged from plastic and bamboo. I went to work, came home to find everything crushed after the rain collected in between the "rafters."

The plastic is held down by all the weight I can put on it. You're right about the wind, I have had to place the cap on the grain bin you can see in the background of these photos after one gust pulled it off, somehow.

The other side. The trees in the pots are my Apple grafts, on the far right, the rootstocks.
CapnChkn is offline   Reply With Quote