View Single Post
Old March 22, 2019   #30
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDawgs View Post
beetkvass, for various reasons I have had to resort to growing the tomatoes in big buckets while the rest of the veg is down in the garden. For years I've gone through a lot of different tomato varieties, all with the most resistance letters behinds their names that I could find to deal with Georgia heat and humidity (Augusta area). They always funked up.

Three years ago I finally found a spray called Serenade. It's organic stuff and approved by the organics councils and works pretty well when applied on a regular basis and also after a rain. The concentrate is much more cost effective than the ready-to-use. About $19-20 for 32 oz which makes a lot of spray. Used to be hard to find but much easier now.

\\https://www.gardeners.com/buy/serena...rol/20089.html

However, as we all know, tomatoes do not live by spray alone so good nutrition, regular watering and attention are a part of the mix. Last summer I finally had success with testing two varieties without a string of resistance letters, Homestead and Creole ,so this year I'm trying a few more. Still growing the Celebrity, Better Boy and Juliet, though.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote