View Single Post
Old September 8, 2012   #87
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio View Post
Good question about sifting. 24qts? Whats that about the size of normal 50lbs bags? You could use it as a gritty mx ingredient in pots no?

Maybe 50lbs, I know I couldn't even begin to lift it so the nice guy at the counter carried it to my truck for me. I also gave him the lowdown on why I wanted it and he was surprised. I also told him about Earthboxes, we had quite a conversation in the auto parts store about gardening, he and his dad grow 50 acres of oats, what a hoot!

[/QUOTE]I sift turface, and rinse off the access powder and small grains. It creates alot of powder/dust.[/QUOTE]

I was reading on a couple of other gardening forums and people were noting that they sifted their DE and used the finer powder for bug prevention in the garden. I guess two great products in one bag.

[/QUOTE]hmm. I wonder how the smaller grains would be for starting seeds. but assume DE would be more pourous.[/QUOTE]

I wondered about the smaller grains and thought maybe they would be so small that they would be like cement instead of airy because of the big grains and maybe that is why some people are sifting it?

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote