Thread: vacuum sealer.
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2018   #38
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

The bag cutter and roll holder is so convenient compared to not having it. It let's you just roll through packing faster than having to use scissors and fumbling with a roll. It's so convenient that writing the contents on the bag slows you down. I don't think you can build a better cutter and holder, it's already there where you're working and if you build something else then you'll have 2 workstations going taking up space.

I'm just guessing but I would bet all of the motors are close to the same power. The motor has to be balanced to have enough power to suck out the air and not so strong that it will suck juices from the meat. I know it's strong enough that it will suck juices off of wet meat if you don't dry it after cleaning it.

The retractable hose is an added feature so you don't lose the hose because most people don't use it enough and forget where they stored it.

Don't worry about offending anyone's machine, I'd like to hear all opinions of all makes and models.

A vacuum sealer isn't something you'll use daily or even weekly in most cases so take that into consideration when spending up to get a model that does the same as a cheaper unit. I bought my V845 on Ebay used for half the price it was new and it looked like a new unit because most people think they need one then don't use it as much as they thought so they get sold. The biggest tip I can give to using it more often is to have it readily available, if it's a hassle to pull out of a closet then chances are you won't go digging for it to use. By the way, my unit is a 2004 model and is still working perfect.