View Single Post
Old August 31, 2019   #14
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

plant no.1 pleated plum is giving me pink tomatoes. the thing about this plant is many of the tomatoes on it look like someone took a dough cutter to one side, and pushed it in creating two lobes on that side. maybe someone can explain the reason for that. if that characteristic carries forward, an amusing name could be butt cheeks.
i picked two fruit today. shoulders are still a bit green, so will wait a couple days to sample. i was wondering if a pink tomato would surface again.

plant no. 2 is still green. plum shaped about 6 oz. tossed four tomatoes that had blossom end rot. might be another orange tomato.

plant no.3 fat plum is similar to plant one except no pleat. i have one tomato ripening that looks like it will be an orange one. some nice 6 to 8oz tomatoes there.

plant no.4 is small plum or pear shape with pointy end is orange. i picked one that needs another day or two to finish ripening.

plant no.5 tomatoes continue to ripen. i will save more seed once i get enough to make it possible.

keith