Thread: Suncoast ???
View Single Post
Old October 15, 2021   #5
FLRedHeart
Tomatovillian™

Hello Tom and Travis, Last thing I expected was an 8 year old answer to my question but it is right on point regarding Suncoast. I don't have the provenance of the Suncoast I've grown for the first time this season, but here in northern humid Florida I am going for fruiting this and next month before calling the brief window closed.

My question is the fruits are beginning to develop of my Suncoast and I see an oval shape pronounced especially when smaller. It is flattening somewhat but still somewhat egg-shaped.

The comment above " I usually did not get the deep globes fruits as you have pictured here" I've read many times but apparently there is no image where one may have been once to compare in this thread. Hanging on Tom's words, I want to be sure what is meant. Does not getting deep globe mean you recall getting a basic flattened globe like Walter? Here is my picture of where I am at with the same doubt as Travis regarding good seed or not because of the oval shape. Not to mention the more reclining main stem tendency he described. Maybe I got descendant of that seed, maybe it is really Suncoast, but it really seems odd. I have Walter and Tasti-Lee F1 growing too btw. Both are the flattened globe shape I expected and also consistent with Tom's comments on Walter. Thanks for all the qualitative info on Suncoast! This is a great thread and please don't mind me not posting a new one and going back in history - if all are ok with that. Thanks! David

Edit: Confirmed my seeds were from someone who got them from Travis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Suncoast20211015.jpg (243.5 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by FLRedHeart; October 15, 2021 at 06:41 PM. Reason: confirmation of source received after post and post updated
FLRedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote