View Single Post
Old January 21, 2021   #10
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
Dawg I think you might need to cut way back on your planting depending on the type of knee surgery you are having. Most take much longer to rehab than people think and the danger of re-injuring is a serious risk. I hope it is a minor surgery so you won't have your plans messed up too badly.
Good luck and hope you recover in record time.

Bill
Thanks for the good wishes, Bill. I'm an old pro at this as I had the left knee replaced in 2000 and the right in 2001. Now after all those years, I had a "revision" of the old left one Oct 2018. That's what they call replacing the whole works. The plastic disk that acts as the meniscus had gotten so thin it had shattered and ruined various surfaces.

The right knee started catching about 10 days ago. Got a fast ortho appointment and then I was able to get a surgery slot quick. Hopefully they'll just replace the disk but will be prepared to pull the whole works out and install a new one if they think they have to once they get in there. Regardless, it's "git 'er done" so I can get going sooner. I hope it's just the disk but I won't know until I wake up.

I looked at my 2018 calendar and saw that my last day of rehab after that revision was ten weeks after surgery. By then I was driving and doing light careful putters in the garden. If the same happens this time, 10 weeks out would be April 7th which would be three weeks until bean planting. I thank the good Lord every day for my sister who's "all in" with carrying on the garden duties with a little direction from me.

So next Wednesday is surgery day and four days later is the first rehab appointment.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote