Thread: Morning Glories
View Single Post
Old April 5, 2019   #24
Longlake
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
Good idea on the sandpaper, I'll remember to try that! I've soaked mine other years, but still get poor emergence sometimes. I've never grown in baskets or pots, just in ground onto a trellis. Last year a rabbit kept nipping a couple of the vines above ground level. They would grow back but too late to set flowers. As I recall, we had a frost just before the blossoms were ready to open last year, so I never saw flowers. Here in the north I have to get them in the ground early or they won't bloom before September.This is from a previous more successful year.

I'm in your neck of the woods, Dee, and Heavenly Blue is always 'iffy'. Most years it doesn't bloom profusely until September, and we all know what happens then. So I have a mix of varieties, and Grandpa Ott's is always the first to bloom. Next up are the pinks, and the grand finale is the beautiful blue of HB...in those perfect years when it blooms well. Like the look of that double pink you have, very pretty. Happy gardening!