View Single Post
Old April 16, 2015   #93
newgardener_tx
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I had a guy come by the house with a pickup and a freezer in the back.
He was selling frozen meat like steaks and such.
He told me he sold meat to all of the 4 and 5 star restaurants in Austin.
Really I asked him, 'Tell me who you sell to and if they buy frozen meat out of the back of a pickup truck.
Please give me your name and company name so I can call them and confirm it.
He wouldn't say.

I told him I didn't want any frozen meat, he presisted I go look, I told him I didn't have time, he continued to bother me and got mad and started yelling at me.
That's when I told the guy to get the devil off my porch and get off my property.
He walked off calling me the F word and other names.

Worth
Worth-
You are so good. I think the same guy came to my house too. He said so many good words about the steak and Filet Mignon wrapped by bacon. He asked for $100 for a set. After I said no he started to lower the price and almost begging to sell. The final price was $20 and I never dare to cook the meat

Here is the farmer's market story. I called one of the biggest market to see if I can get one booth for one day to sell tomatoes. One day pass will cost $50! (I think ~$300 for year round). The lady asked me how much tomatoes I had. I told her 100 lbs (I was exaggerating to convince her I was a farmer). To my surprise she told me I can only sell 20 lbs because 100 lbs will lower everybody's price. And there were farmers making a living by selling veggies. The amateurs were not allowed to sell too much. So I haven't sold one tomato yet till today. And will not try again.
newgardener_tx is offline   Reply With Quote