View Single Post
Old June 29, 2017   #13
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaves View Post
So sorry Nan for the lack of updates. I've been meaning to post again for a while. The 3 plants I have are still going strong. I transplanted the largest one into a 7 gallon bag and I now have my first tiny fruit cluster! I'm super excited!! My plants are not developing at such a rapid rate compared to other seasoned users here, and I think my inexperience with gardening is the contributing factor. Albeit at a slower pace, I'm happy to say the plants are very healthy and doing well.

I have a newbie question, should I be treating these currants like normal tomatoes and pruning off suckers below the first flowers (this is my first time growing currant tomatoes as well)? Or will that somehow affect the fruit production capacity in the future? I already did that with my first plant and it is looking a bit spindly now. I'm hoping that will change in time. Thank you once again for allowing me to participate in the excitement!

I also saw Spartan's picture of his friend's tomato that is engulfing his fence. I'm wondering now if maybe I should transplant one of the other two plants in the front to let it roam free. The thing is we have terrible native clay here, and I'd probably have to do quite a bit of amending to make it suitable for the plant.

/e: I'll try to take some pictures this weekend, so you don't have to deal with my wall of text posts.
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote