Thread: False Economy!
View Single Post
Old April 14, 2011   #39
Colorado_west
Tomatovillian™

Jack, it is raining here this morning.

I spent yesterday afternoon trying to get a sparkplug changed in the tiller engine. First time on the new engine. OHV B&S and the plug in down in the stuff on one side. Got out the smallest long socket and of course have to find an extenstion for it. Of course one I found first is too big a size and started hunting to see if had another one. I found one in my brothers old tools I had been given. My socket was too big and I went up town and with mine and wanted a smaller one. She said only 3 sizes of them and got me the littler one. Back home I get in and I get it loose I thought and screwed and screwed on it. Was not finger loose and I screwed and screwed some more and it was out. Real long base on it. Go back up town and get a new one and extra. Then try to get it in. My hand just will squeeze down in there and I get stated in and work in as far as can by hand then screw on it. I got it tightened down. Tiller would not start and decided it had to be the plug. By that time late. I need to go fill the gas cans. I had gas in the tiller. Hopefully it was just the dirty plug was the trouble. Electric start and do not want to run that battery down. It should be ready to run now. I got the mower up and running a few days ago. Where I have gotten gas for years has closed down. Got go some where else. Spring fun.

Water is in the canal and should have water in a few days. I met one the neighbor women when I was out walking yesterday and she said the guys are working on the pipe an anti airlock vent was not working. Kinda late water coming on. I had better check the one in my line. Valve is not stuck this year. Son repaired the line and checked the valve when he was down. I had another split pipe.
Colorado_west is offline   Reply With Quote