View Single Post
Old October 6, 2017   #61
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

My biggest deception this year had to be Cherokee Green. The first one I tried felt and looked ripe but the tomato was really tart. So with about 50 tomatoes on this monster I was thinking lots for the freezer.

I really wasn't expecting much from a green tomato anyway. I decided to let them stay on the vine for about a week after they felt and looked ripe . So when I tried the next one I found out what all the fuss was about. This is a wonderful tomato. Wonderful enough to challenge Earl's Faux for the number 1 spot. I ate one yesterday and it still tastes as good as it did in August but it hasn't really been cold here yet so all the tomatoes still taste good.

Way more productive than Cherokee Purple and right up there with Earl's Faux in production. The taste is something like you would pay a lot of money for in tropical fruit section of the grocery store.

No cracking at all. No diseases, all good.

A must grow every year. The only negative is the plant gets really tall and requires a ladder to tie the plant to the stake.I am guessing this plant is well over 10 feet and maybe over 11. Hard to tell since it has slipped down the pole. I will measure it when I pull it up
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote