View Single Post
Old December 24, 2018   #20
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Many of the so called ag workers that seem to have a higher level of what ever was spoken of are under paid migrant workers.
They dont get the tools they need or education they need to protect themselves.
Nor do they care they just want to make a living.'

The same happens at places I work.
The people in charge are all about hard hats safety glasses and ladder safety. But couldn't care less about hearing protection and other things that can creep up later in life.

When I see the latter going on I take it upon myself to find someone that speaks Spanish to explain to them what will happen if they keep doing it in a way they can understand and hit home.

Things like, tell him when he is 50 he wont be able to understand what his grandchildren are saying.
In almost every situation I see the guys rounding up ear protection and thanking me.
You see I care about people not insurance rates and OSHA numbers.

Those guys will go into the fields and spray whatever and move on to another farm.
No one cares they are someone else's problem I know I have worked the fields too.

You see when you buy organic you aren't really helping protect yourself or your family as much as you are also protecting people and family you will never see.

As far as the chemical in the discussion I have it and will use it if need be but most of the time I dont.
My choice, my food , my home, my liberty.
If I give anything away I tell the people what I use and what it is.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote