View Single Post
Old April 4, 2019   #5
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
I scored 7 used EBs today--for free! On nextdoor.com of all places, I happened upon a post that was almost a week old and thought for sure they were gone but I messaged the man anyways. Surprise, still there. So I rushed over today.
2 were about 5 yrs old, with casters. The other 5, to my surprise, were ones I had never seen before. The older gentleman said they were the first he bought about 15 yrs ago. They were heavy and built like Sherman tanks. The inner design was different so you have to lay down these grid-like things on the bottom so that the screen lays flat on them. He gave me enough of the covers to last me a lifetime and more, a shopping bag stuffed with new ones. He made his own platforms w/ casters for them too, so you can roll them anywhere. Pretty cool.
So now I'm wondering, who else here has these "vintage" EBs? The drain hole looks smaller, that is the only thing I am concerned about but the former owner said he grew corn every year without fail.
I scored 5 free Earthboxes from Nextdoor - they are the same old style that you have. They are solid! Are they really 15 years old? I will use them for the first time this year.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote