View Single Post
Old December 13, 2015   #66
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Robert, I will be offering seeds for it in January. You are welcome to some. Seeds it has!
And here's what I think is most exciting about Everglades

First, Tania'spagefor it

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/T...b=General_Info

His name is Ted Darnowski and he and his daughter drove to a nearby nursery to buy some Everglade plants. Ted is quite old, just to say that first.

He got them home and I think planted three and one of them gave PINK fruits. I saw where he posted this at Dave's Garden and ASAP asked if he could send me some seeds.

He said he didn't know how to save seeds but could send me some fruits. I told him how to do that and there they were already smushed, but with lots of seeds which I processed.

I was excited b'c the only other person with apink current was Tim at Peters Seed and Research which he bred and making this short, he was pushed out of business andlost everything.

And I confirmed it was pink with a clear epidermis.

Nancy Ruhl spends winters in FL as well, saw what I did and also requested some fruits. I think she also sent some to others but also sent me a huge bag of seeds. Which was good b'c I offered it in several seed offers as well as SSE listing it

I saw in Tania's above page for it that she will be offering it for 2016 and cited me as her seed source. I don't remember her askingme for it but I'm glad I sent her seeds

I think Glenn Drowna was also offering it but right now I don't see his 2015 catalog near me and too dangerous to go pawing in my stacks of SSE YEarbooks and no time to go to the Sandhill Preservation website and look.

Carolyn