View Single Post
Old August 24, 2009   #9
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the tips on how many to cut and to have a few extra.

Hubby has enlisted a fair amount of "helpers". Some are long time friends that have helped on projects before and others are some local retirees that help out at the food pantry where we take our market leftovers.

We are going to have a write-up in the local paper sometime this week. The photog was just out here to take some pics of the field and the workers getting it weeded.

So far we have about 13 of 63 rows reasonably decently weeded. I will have a few more workers in tomorrow so hopefully we will get at least 1/2 of the field done before the event.

While I was out there I had my camera and took a few shots of some that are already weeded. if I can remember the order I took the pics, they are --

a cluster of Riesentraube - no wonder it translates to big bunch of grapes

Neves Azorian Red

Cuostralee -- from Sandhill

Vjera's

There are 2 pics of 1 of them but I'm not sure which and I may have gotten the order wrong. I didn't have anything to write with when I took the pics. Mainly I was impressed with the size and cluster sets of some of these new-to-me varieties. Especially with the less than good growing conditions we've had here most of the summer.

Carol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020296-t.JPG (166.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1020297-t.JPG (202.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1020298-t.JPG (228.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P1020299-t.JPG (242.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg P1020300-t.JPG (289.5 KB, 18 views)
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote