View Single Post
Old February 26, 2018   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanburg123 View Post
Howdy! I don't have the links handy, but there are several threads regarding Terhune on here, including how Darwinslair derived that name. But it is most definitely not a Pink Brandywine! I grew the PL Terhune last year (a "competition" seed from Marianna's) and am growing the RL Terhune (from AKMark) this year. It is my wife' favorite pink slicer! Very productive, with large oblate fruit.
I just answered him in a PM he sent me and also sent him Tania's page for it,to wit,no one knows if Terhune has any relationship to Brandywine until DNA tests are done. Tom is a good friend,he sent me the seeds,I grew it and I couldn't say it definitely was NOT related to any Brandywine I know as you just did.

As I told him,look in any SSE Yearbook and you'll see various versions of what are supposed to be Pink Brandywine, but aren't. I also told him if he wants to grow a known true Brandyine (pink)to get seeds of the Sudduth/Quisenberry one.

Carolyn, who is trying to catch up here at Tville since she's been of line since last Tuesday.