View Single Post
Old July 14, 2010   #9
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy View Post
Carolyn,
It is called Remy Rouge. I didn't develop it. If I developed a tomato, I think I would name it for someone else not me. It would be much to strange to do that. Terry(Tomatoaddict) got seeds from France a couple years ago and sent them to me. Remy is a very popular name in France. I've seen it on a French site. I guess there is also a Remy Jaune. I'm assuming that it is the same tomato but yellow

KYGreg,
I've done nothing except add organic fertilizer to the potting mix when I planted it, no spraying of any kind.
Remy
Remy, I didn't think you'd name a variety after yourself but I know quite a few who think that I najmed the variety Dr. Carolyn, which of course I did not.

I didn't know there was a variety called Remy Rouge.

i have in my faves links to many sites in France and elsewhere in Europe but I usually don't go there unless I'm trying to do research on something and Google doesn't pick it up.

So Terry, my last name Male, is supposed to be associated with my ancestors coming from France to England and suffering from mal d" merr in the crossing, ahem, at least that's the story I was told.

So if you see any varieties assoiated with sea sickness you know how to contact me.