View Single Post
Old September 27, 2015   #22
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
So many pastes exists it's always easy to try new ones. Also the ribbed tomatoes (Costoluto) make good sauce tomatoes. Not as meaty, you need more, but a good sauce. this year I'm trying Costoluto Di Parma and Costoluto Fiorentino. So far as far as plant growth, pretty impressive, good fruit set.
For pastes I'm trying
Amos Coli, Cow's Tit, Romeo, and Opalka.

I was going to try Super Sauce this year too, but none of the seeds germinated.
All tomatoes mentioned work well depending on where you are. All are good, but I need to find what works for me, in my location, in my growing conditions.
So far Amos Coli and the Costoluto tomatoes are growing well, and setting lot's of fruit. All are setting fruit, i will report more later in the season. I have found pastes can be hard to start. Easily can get off course with bad weather , cold temps, sun burn, wind etc. Once they reach a certain size and temps are better, they do well. Whereas other tomaotes seem to thrive no matter what.
How did Costoluto Fiorentino do for you this year? I have seeds from one of the TV member. Never grew it. Were they good for sause only? How was the production?
Thanks, drew51.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote