View Single Post
Old October 23, 2013   #111
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Yes Andrey, I had some very good results. But I am still testing seedlings so it will be a few weeks before I have anything definitive to report. Here are some early results:

Jagodka turned out to be a good choice for early determinate and somewhat heat tolerant.

Subarctic Plenty was a slightly larger tomato with outstanding overall performance including growing in cool conditions. Flavor is poor.

O-33, I-3, PI120256, and Krainey Sever all are excellent, much better than average. They produced good crops of fruit and showed better than normal tolerance to cool spring temps.

For disease tolerance, LA0417, LA2175 and LA2869 were standouts.

LA0417 is a population of S. Pimpinellifolium with some introgression from domestic tomato. Fruit is 1/2 inch diameter, red, sweet, and good flavored. One single plant out of about 8 - LA0417 that were planted turned out to be exceptional. I have a couple hundred seed saved.

LA2175 is a self compatible S. Habrochaites. It is exceptionally healthy with no visible signs of foliage disease to date and has loads of fruit. This one has very high breeding value because it is self compatible and it has high levels of tolerance to foliage diseases and to nematodes.

LA2869 is a self incompatible S. Habrochaites. The vines are very healthy with no visible signs of foliage disease to date. Fruit load is low as expected from a SI variety. Breeding value is moderate, SI tends to limit potential in crosses.

DarJones
Fusion_power is online now   Reply With Quote