View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012   #13
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Remy, your picture of it reminds me a LOT of the variety Giannini, also from Italy to the US and a variety I love and have offered seeds here for it as well as SSE listing it for a few years as well as sending it here and there for trial.

Take a look:

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Giannini
Carolyn, they do look similar though Santa Maria average tomato is larger. Not sure if you can see, but the other paste to the left is Rinaldo which probably run more in the size of Giannini's description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
Remy, I did check in the SSE online yearbook historical listings last night, and did not see that name in either the red or pink sections. How exciting to find a new heirloom among your neighbors! Hope you find out the history, and can offer seeds on your website.
Ddsack, It is pretty neat to find a new heirloom. My friend has been bragging about this tomato for a long time and been promising me seeds. So I'm glad he brought me tomatoes finally. I didn't find out much more. It was his wife's father's friend who orginally came Italy and brought the seeds with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
Remy, I just have to ask, what are those tomatoes in the plate above the SMs? They look like they are colored in half, one side black, one side red. Or does it just seem like that from the angle from which the pic was taken?
Peebee, No you are not seeing things. Those are Indigo Rose that I grew.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote