View Single Post
Old September 7, 2012   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Remy, I checked a few back YEarbooks b'c you indicated that you thought the person got most of his varieties from the YEarbook.I have them all the way back to 1975, less the 1982 one, but I'm not that motivated to keep looking b'c a person may offer a variety for only one year.

I checked Ventmarin for Santa M, Ste M and Sainte M b'c all are possible, but with no luck.

Texas, I also ran across many links to Santa Maria, a place in CA, but no specific tomatoes were discussed.

If no one else comes up with an answer Remy I'm going to suggest that you ask either Lurley or Carol Knapp to run a search at the online 2012 varieties, not the public catalog, b/c they did that for me for Tadesse and Wuhib and it was very helpful. B'c if you specify one variety for the search you get back all the info that was given for it since SSE started.

As for me, I've opted out of having my varieties listed in the online and I ask Joanne at SSE to do it for me anyway, although she did for 2012, but no more starting in 2013. So I can't do the search for you.

I didn't take the time to Google the alternative ways in which something like Santa Maria as a tomato variety could be spelled, as given above as Ste, Saint, Sainte, b/c often a variety can be expressed in both English and French.

Hope that helps.